- Eisenmann, Linda. 2006. Higher education for women in postwar America, 1945-1965. Baltimore, Md: Johns Hopkins University Press.
- Solomon, Barbara Miller. 1985. In the company of educated women: a history of women and higher education in America. New Haven: Yale University Press.
Print titles for women's history include:
- Cott, Nancy F. 2000. No small courage: a history of women in the United States. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Evans, Sara M. 1989. Born for liberty: a history of women in America. New York: Free Press.
- Hewitt, Nancy A. 2002. A companion to American women's history. Oxford: Blackwell.
- Prentice, Alison L. 1988. Canadian women: a history. Toronto: Harcourt Brace Jovanovich.
- Scott, Anne Firor. 1991. Natural allies: women's associations in American history. Urbana: University of Illinois Press.
The field for the history of Greek-letter organizations, and in particular women's groups, is one that provides many areas of study. The Kappa Alpha Theta archives is just one of several that can assist in efforts to study the history of college-educated women.